Fan of Starbucks’ Pistachio Cold Brew?
If the answer is yes then this recipe will be perfect for you. Today we are going to be creating our very own healthy copycat recipe of the popular drink that’s sure to taste just as delicious as what you can get at your local Starbucks but with no added sugar and dairy free!
I LOVE cold brew but…
Caffeine can have an effect on your hormones due to its stimulating properties and it is processed in the liver. A popular place for your hormones to be processed for removal.
Caffeine has been shown to increase cortisol levels, a stress hormone that also has a part in belly fat and affects your other hormones negatively (including your thyroid).
Caffeine has been linked to imbalances in sex hormones such as testosterone and estrogen, which can contribute to problems such as infertility or irregular periods in women.
We don’t have to give up our love if…
It’s not all doom and gloom. You can have caffeine in small amounts and it’s perfectly fine. There are studies that show it’s beneficial in improving mental agility and performance.
It’s all about balance and moderation; having a cup or two of coffee per day is unlikely to have any lasting effects on your hormones.
Also, you don’t have to cut out caffeine entirely if you want to reduce its potential impacts on your hormones, there are alternatives available like green tea or we can just make it half caffeine.
Original Starbucks Pistachio Cold Brew Nutrition
Check out the nutrition facts from the Starbucks website
We are going to attempt to make this sugar-free and dairy-free to make sure it’s hormone and blood sugar friendly. Plus, almost 150 calories less than the original
- Homemade ½ Caffeine Homemade Cold Brew
- Oat Milk [As creamy as you can get]
- Monk Fruit Syrup (Homemade)
- Vanilla Stevia Or English Toffee Stevia (Personal Favorite)
- Pistachio Flavoring
You’re Going To Need:
- Cold Brew Maker (I use this one)
- French Press for the cold foam (I like that this one)
- If you want nitrocold brew then you need this!
Optional But Highly Recommended: NitroBrew It!
I love 2 things in this world. Making copycat recipes that save $$$ and sustainable products that don’t ruin the planet.
This is why I decided to buy myself a Nitrobrew kit. I can make nitro-infused drinks and I don’t need to buy any liquid nitrogen canisters.
It works by using an air compressor to pull nitrogen from the air and infuse it into the drink. It works perfectly and doesn’t take up too much space.
The nitrobrew is so creamy and you don’t even need to add milk. I love that I can make any drink infused with nitrogen even tea and juice.
If you are interested in buying one for yourself, I have a code (faithfuldoc) to save $20 on your purchase. You can find it here. nitrobrew.com
Healthy Starbucks Pistachio Nitro Cold Brew
- 1 Cold Brew Coffee Maker I make 1/2 Caf & 1/2 Decaf
- 1 French Coffee Press To Make The Cold Foam
- 1 NitroBrew Machine Optional but I highly recommend making the investment
- 12 Ounces Cold Brew Coffee
- 10 Drops Vanilla or English Toffee Stevia Optional
Monk Fruit Syrup
- 1 Cup Monk Fruit
- 1 Cup Water
- 8 Ounces Oat Milk
- 3-5 Drops Pistachio Extract
- 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit Syrup
- 5 Drops Liquid Stevia Optional
- Start by making the cold brew. Add coffee of your choice to the cold brew maker basket and add cold water. Put it in the fridge and let it steep for 24-48 hours. I put 1/2 decaf and 1/2 full caffeine coffee grounds to reduce the amount of caffeine.
- Make Monk Fruit Syrup. Combine 1 cup monk fruit with 1 cup water in a pot or microwavable container. Heat the mixture until all the solids disappear.
- Add oat milk to the french press with desired the monk fruit syrup. Add to your desire level of sweetness. Add pistachio extract to taste and place the french press lid back on the container. Pump the plunger up and down until you feel the milk double in volume.
- Pour your cold brew into a glass and add a few drops of stevia to your taste preferences. Then add cold foam over the top and enjoy.
- Optional: If you would like to make nitro cold brew then all you do is add the cold brew and sweetner to the nitrobrew canister. You secure the lid and use the compressor to pump nitrogen into the canister. You then shake it for about 5-10 seconds and SLOWLY pour it into your drink. Then top with cold foam. This if my favorite way to enjoy my coffee in the morning.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Cold Brew Boost Your Metabolism?
Cold brew does increase metabolic rate by 11% due to the higher caffeine levels. Although the higher caffeine levels do have an effect on your adrenal glands. It may provide an energy boost because it does have more caffeine and can help with weight loss by helping to curb appetite. Additionally, the antioxidants found in cold brew coffee may help protect against certain diseases.
Is Cold Brew better than hot coffee for IBS?
The cold brewing process is less acidic than drip coffee or espresso but both cold brew and regular coffee contain the same amounts of caffeine, which can be hard on the stomach. So they should both be avoided or consumed in moderation if you have IBS.
Can Cold Brew Help with weight loss?
No, cold brew will not directly help with weight loss although caffeine has been shown to reduce appetites. It can be a healthier alternative to sugary beverages, which may contribute to weight loss if consumed in moderation. Additionally, cold brew can provide an energy boost due to its caffeine content, which can make it easier to stick to an exercise program that can help with weight loss.