Overnight oats are the perfect breakfast for busy women who don’t have time to cook in the morning. This delicious and healthy option can be prepared the night before and is loaded with great flavors and nutrition.
My Lemon Meringue Overnight Oats recipe is a sweet and easy way to add flavor and variety to your morning routine.
With its bright citrus flavors, this overnight oats recipe will satisfy your cravings while giving you the energy you need to start your day off right.
Lemon meringue overnight oats are a great way to fill you up without feeling too deprived. Oatmeal is low in calories and high in fiber, helping you feel fuller for longer and helping your gut remove excess hormones.
Additionally, lemon meringue overnight oats provide necessary vitamins and minerals that support healthy hormone levels, which can aid in weight loss.
You don’t need anything fancy to make these overnight oats but I do recommend one thing that might help. Glass mason jars with easy screw-on lids.
Glass doesn’t have the potential to leak hormone-disrupting plastics into your food so it’s better to make the investment in your body and the planet.
These are my favorite: I have a ton of them because they are so useful.
I also really love these lids because they are so easy to wash and they don’t rust as the metal lids do. They are BPA free so they won’t mess with your hormones.
Ingredients & Their Health Benefits
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which has been shown to help regulate cortisol levels.
- Vitamin C helps the body produce hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline, which can reduce stress and anxiety.
- It also helps with collagen production which can support healthy skin, hair, and nails.
+ Gluten Free Oats
- Gluten Free Oats are a great and easy way to get some of your daily fiber needs without having to worry about gluten.
- Additionally, they contain phytochemicals, which can help the body produce hormones like estrogen and testosterone.
- Phytochemicals are also known for their antioxidant capabilities, meaning they can protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- So not only do gluten-free oats provide you with much-needed fiber, but they also help keep hormones in balance!
+ Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which can help regulate hormones in the body and reduce inflammation.
- These fatty acids also play a role in regulating brain chemistry, making them beneficial for improving mood, sleep, and concentration.
- Furthermore, chia seeds provide an excellent source of dietary fiber, helping to promote healthy digestion and detoxification.
- Eggs are a great source of biotin, which is responsible for helping the body metabolize fats and carbohydrates, as well as aiding in the production of hormones.
- By eating eggs, you can help your body maintain optimal hormone balance and levels. Furthermore, eggs contain Vitamin D, which is essential for healthy hormone functioning as it helps regulate blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, which help to reduce inflammation and promote cell health.
- Studies have also shown that blueberries can help protect against certain hormone-related disorders, such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer.
- The antioxidants in blueberries have been linked to the inhibition of enzymes that can affect the production and utilization of hormones in the body.
- By consuming blueberries, you can help your body maintain healthy levels of hormones for optimal functioning.
+ Gluten Free Animal Crackers
- Gluten-free animal crackers are not just for kids! I use the organic variety because… well it’s the only one the store had. This is the one I used.
- Plus, they’re so tasty it’ll make you forget you’re actually doing something good for your health! I used one to sprinkle on top just for fun.
Overnight oats are an excellent way to start the day off right with a healthy and balanced breakfast that gives your body all the nourishment it needs.
Eating a balanced diet can help women maintain optimal hormone levels, regulate their brain chemistry, improve their mood and sleep, and stay energized throughout the day.
What’s more, with chia seeds and eggs providing both dietary fiber and biotin, you can look forward to better digestion and detoxification for even better hormonal health.
If you’re looking for more tips on how to balance your hormones naturally, don’t forget to check out my free fatigued to fierce video series!
Lemon Meringue Overnight Oats
- 1 Food Processor Or Blender
Microwave Lemon Meringue
- 1/2 Cup Monk Fruit
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 Yolk Egg
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Stevia
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
Top with blueberries & GF animal crackers
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, monk fruit, whole egg, egg yolks into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 20-30 seconds. It's done when it coats and sticks to the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Combine Oats, oat milk lemon zest, lemon juice, stevia in a food processor or blender. Pulse ingredients together but do not overblend.
- Fold chia seeds into the oat mixture and portion out the mixture into 5 small mason jars.
- Layer the lemon curd onto the oat mixture and wait for it to cool (about 5 min). Then top with blueberries.
- Optional: For an added crunch, crumble gluten free animal crackers on top and enjoy.
What are the benefits of overnight oats for hormone balance and weight loss?
Overnight oats offer plenty of dietary fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins that help promote a healthy hormone balance. Dietary fiber can help with weight management by promoting fullness and decreasing hunger cravings. Additionally, the healthy fats present in overnight oats play a role in regulating brain chemistry, leading to improved moods and increased concentration, which can aid in weight loss.
How much should I eat to get the most benefit from overnight oats?
It is recommended that you eat about ½ cup to 1 cup of overnight oats per day for optimum health benefits pertaining to hormone balance and weight loss. Eating too much may cause unwanted side effects such as bloating or indigestion.
Are gluten-free oats good for hormone balance?
Yes, gluten free oats are a good source of dietary fiber and other vitamins that can help with promoting healthy hormones. They also provide the same benefits as regular oats in terms of appetite regulation and fiber, which can be beneficial for weight loss without the added gluten. Additionally, they are a great source of complex carbohydrates which can provide sustained energy for long-term health benefits.
What other ingredients should I add to overnight oats for maximum benefit?
You can add a variety of ingredients such as nuts, seeds, dried fruit, nut butter, and spices to your overnight oats.