What is a toner and why they are important?
Day 2 of Writers November, and it’s time to talk skin toners. Toners are a great addition to your skin care routine because they do a multitude of things. They are generally used right after you cleanse your face, to add an extra layer of benefit. Here is why toners can really add value to your skin care routine.
- Restores skin pH balance: Skin is naturally acidic with a pH level of about 4.5-5.5. Once the skin reaches pH of above 6.5, the acid mantle (protective layer of skin is broken down) is compromised and skin becomes vulnerable to bacteria and infections. Toners restore balance to the skin so it adds an extra layer of protections.
- Shrinks pores: It’s in the name, a toner “tones” the skin. By removing the oil and dirt, it gives the appearance of smaller pores. This gives the skin a youthful glow.
- Adds a layer of protection: Toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, reduce the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin It can even protect and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water
- Acts like a moisturizer: Some toners are humectants, which means they help to bind moisture to the skin
- Refreshes skin: Toner can also be used in lieu of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty. It will leave your skin revitalized even when you’re on the go.
Why you need your toner to be natural?
Toners that are full of preservative and alcohol which tend to dry out the skin. They can cause skin reactions, irritation and breakouts. The earth is gracious enough to provide us with all natural toners that are gentle and effective. Here are my top five all natural toners.
Top 5 all natural toners
OZNaturals Ocean Mineral Tonic is an all-natural skin toner containing a potent blend of glycolic acid, ocean minerals, Vitamin C + amino acids. These ingredients are not only natural but deliver results, which many toners simply cannot provide. Toners that contain too few efficacious ingredients (many contain just water, aloe, and glycerin) may feel refreshing but are not delivering active ingredients to you skin.
The level of care that goes into producing Christina Moss Naturals products is what sets them apart from the rest. It’ll make your skin smooth, soft and radiant, while its unique properties calm and soothe skin irritations. Hypoallergenic, it is suitable for ALL skin types.
This Vitamin C Facial Toner is an all-in-one hydration infused toner with age-defying ingredients that will leave the skin feeling refreshed and balanced. Lavender and Geranium Essential Oils nourish and refresh the skin.
100% pure and natural, Orange Blossom Water Toner cleanses, purifies and soothes skin. Remove excess dirt and oil, while absorbing the benefits of this fragrant and healing floral water from the Mediterranean. Only the finest Moroccan amara is used, which results in a unique and delicate floral scent not found in any other orange blossoms in the world.
THE DIFFERENCE in skin treated with TruSkin Naturals Rose Water Toner is striking. We use only the highest quality rose water in this restoring and balancing facial spray with the lovely natural and calming scent of pure distilled rose petals.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about toners. In the next blog I will be mentioning my opinion on serums vs moisturizers. Ta ta for now.\
#antiwrinkle #glowingskin #naturopathicmedicine #youthfulglow #loveyourself #lovetheskinyourin #naturalbeautyproducts #facialserums #facialmoisturizers #chooseallnatural #allnaturalbeauty #glowingskin #serums #beauty #antiaging #moisturize #dryskin #oilyskin #naturalskincreams